Selling soon? Adding some holiday cheer to your home will definitely put your prospective buyers in the Christmas spirit!Your decorated home will offer the kind of warmth that appeals to
Time To Eat Your Veggies
Dated: June 17 2019
Getting enough servings of vegetables is a hard task. But these small tricks can help you sneak those veggies in everyday.
1. Go for the marinara when making pasta sauce. The chunkier the better with carrots, tomatoes, squash, and peppers. Not only does it add texture, but they heap on the flavor, too.
2. Roast or grill and entire cauliflower with herbs and olive oil. Other vegetables taste amazing roasted, but so does the humble cauliflower. It doesn’t receive near enough credit.
3. Veggie smoothies go a long way to providing the servings we need and they don’t take away from the flavor. A cup of spinach adds a huge punch of vitamins and minerals to a green smoothie when mixed with citrus fruits with no sacrificing taste.
4. Substitute those spuds with sweet potatoes. They’re better for you and packed with nutrients. If you must have a side of taters, include a side of steamed or roasted veggies and top your starchy potato with even more veggies. Peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes, asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower all compliment the starches we love whether they’re mashed, baked, roasted, fried or in noodle form.
5. We like our eggs in the morning, and what better way to boost our vegetable intake than pile on the veggies in an omelet or a scramble. They add texture, flavor and so much more. Don’t forget the herbs and spice, either! Those seasonings – especially the fresh herbs – add to the veggie intake.
6. Mix up the toppings you add to your salads. Nuts, seeds, fruits, herbs or a squeeze of lime take the ho-hum out of the everyday salad and bring it into the spotlight. They also add nutritional value while making eating your vegetables more exciting.
Tricia Glover, Realtor
The Glover Team, Inc.
As an agent who's an expert in this local area, I bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise about buying and selling real estate in the Northern Virginia Area. It's not the same everywhere, so you ne....
Latest Blog Posts
As the holiday season moves into full swing, you might have your eye on a big gift for yourself: your first home. At this time of year, though, saving for a down payment and closing costs can seem