Although inflation slowed some in August, the downshift isn’t giving the Federal Reserve pause when it comes to increasing interest rates. That means higher rates on many mortgage types, and for
May 15 2018 59073 1
Dated: May 15 2018
Some important tips for AFTER purchasing a new home!
Security & Safety
These are the very first things you should do after buying a house (for obvious reasons):
1. Change locks. Spares could be floating around anywhere.
2. Hide an extra key in a lockbox. Thieves look under flower pots.
3. Reset the key codes for garage doors, gates, etc. The former owners might’ve trusted half the neighborhood.
4. Test fire and carbon monoxide detectors. Who knows when the last time was. Definitely install them if there are none.
5. Check the temperature on your water heater, especially if you have young ones, so it won’t accidentally scald. Manufacturers tend to set them high. (but the best temperature setting for hot water is 120 degrees).
6. Make sure motion lights and other security lights have working bulbs.
7. Put a fire extinguisher in the kitchen and each additional floor.
My name is Kelly Combs and I am a native of Fredericksburg, Va., born and bred. I grew up in the 80’s when Fredericksburg was a small rural town, and I had the joy of evolving from a child to an adu....
Latest Blog Posts
After moving up sharply for much of 2022, mortgage rates now are above 6 percent. Here’s a look at what could move markets this week.On Tuesday, the U.S. Census Bureau and the U.S.
Your mortgage application was denied. These words sound harsh, but they don’t always mean you can’t get a mortgage.If your lender rejects your request for a loan, all may not be lost.